Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dark knight and sentinel of my life...

This is something that I've been wanting to post for a while now, but have yet to get started on. It's something for those who always lament that God doesn't seem to be working in their lives. I heard this preached during Dr Joe Stowell's seminar at St. Andrew's cathedral and read this in My Daily Bread.

You know, our God operates like white blood cells. They destroy bacteria in our bodies without our conscious awareness. No one knows how many invasions these silent assassins have stopped or how many lives they have saved. They just don't get their due recognition like penicillin does. 

Well, the sad thing is often God get similar treatment. Worse still, He gets blamed when something goes wrong. How many time do we question "Why me, God?" or "How could you let this happen to me?" When things go right, He seldom gets the credit--"Everything turned out well because I worked hard for it" Everyday, we get up, get dressed, drive to work or go to school or go on dates, and return safely home to our families. And we don't realize how many times God had actually protected us from harm. But when a tragedy happens, we ask, "Where was God?" 

The wonderful things He does silently on my behalf deserves a list of praises that should far exceed all my petitions to Him. And still I find myself shamefully asking for more. Oh well, we are human. But I really need to learn how to count these hidden blessings and revel in the fact that my God's got my back and I needn't worry 'bout anything!

God's always busy at work in my life. Amen.

No comments: