Thursday, September 25, 2008

My apathy towards politics...

Americans ought to be vexed over the looming economic downturn. Exacerbating this worry is the failure of the country's lawmakers to come to a consensus on the proposed US financial bailout. I wonder how different factions are going to resolve this matter, but I am far from worried out this at this point. I'm definitely more perturbed by the draft intro I need to submit in less than two week's time for my Empirical Research course. This apathy towards the current economic and political situation is probably borne out of the desensitizing effect of exposure to copious news of political turmoil and upheaval around the world. Countries are changing leaders (in some cases, ousting them), and new leaders are tasked with the gargantuan task of "cleaning up the mess" in their new governments and countries. Perhaps, I'm not so disturbed because the political situation at home is stable (ha ha, with the trinity reigning at the top, of course). Isn't it something to be thankful about? 

I'm more helpless at the fact that the weeks are flying by so quickly. It's been more than a month since I touched down in NYC and now it's autumn. The temperature's getting lower and we're seeing more and more precipitation in the coming days. Glad I finally got my rubber boots and leather boots after scouting weekend after weekend through all the female shoe sections of departmental stores. I really hope I'll be able to survive the cold. The nights now are really chilly and I dread the impending winter. Okay, going to stop here and leave you with some photos of the pasta we cooked on Wed night. 

Pesto base linguine with mushroom and italian portobello mushroom sausage
[Belle, saw the photo of the spaghetti you cooked on your blog...check ours out!]

Tucking in to what's 10x better than Pasta Mania's pasta...!

No comments: