Saturday, October 18, 2008

Having Pinkberry on a cold night out in NYC wasn't such a good idea!

Guess my worries about food in NYC were unnecessary. Tonight we went back to that Jap place we fell in love with the first time we ate there. Good authentic Jap food at cheap prices. How cheap? The two of us had a small place of appetizer (stewed slice beef and potato), edamame (green, soybean pods), a bowl of katsu don and shoyu ramen. And it cost us about 17USD. That's cheap for NYC! The only drawback was the place was so packed that the queue to get in was pretty long. But it was great. On our way back to campus, we stopped by Pinkberry for some healthy yogurt (haha, must emphasize the word healthy to make myself feel better). It wasn't such a great idea cos' tonight was super cold! The temperature today was 12 degrees celsius. The weather's turning cold, and I'm kinda worried about the impending winter. I don't think I'm equipped to deal with it. This morning I wanted to leave the house wearing a pair of tights under a denim skirt, and thank God I changed my mind and instead wore my jeans over it. Guess vanity needs to be cast aside when warmth is at stake. The cold is just too unbearable for me to dress to the nines and look cool and hip! 

Forgive my ramblings. It's late. I guess it's also because it's the midterms period coming up and I'm kinda exhausted. Not that I've been studying hard. In fact, I haven't. I'm taking five courses (the norm is four) this semester but one of them is really insignificant--I just attend 1 hour lab meetings every fortnight and do some video codings for that course. Only sad part is that I'm paying a hefty sum for course credits to do that course! Oh no, I'm rambling again. Caught the "discursive flu" from my professor; she really goes on and on. She is a very nice lady, but unfortunately she goes on and on. Anyway, I think I need to exercise to shake off the exhaustion and restore some vitality in my life. I really hope I don't get fat. Though there isn't fantastic hawker fare or Chinese food here, there are quite a few options to choose from. Today, I bought a salad and I couldn't finish it. So I left slightly less than half of it and left it under my table in class, thinking that I would bring it back home to eat it as a meal--food's not cheap here u'know, and the salad cost me USD6.23!!! But I forgot about it :( 

Okay, I'm turning circumstantial....I think I better stop before I go into "word salad" mode. Will provide more updates soon. Oh yes, praise God! I need to give Him some glory here. I somehow have made it into several research labs that will hopefully put in a better place for the PhD applications. I'm sure I'm in good hands and He has a great plan for me. I'm so eager to get my hands dirty on some research work! 

Here's a retro clip for those 70s, early 80s babies. Fantastic singing, and wonderful sense of nostalgia...be prepared for several laughs too. Enjoy! 

No comments: