Saturday, October 21, 2006

Today is my Birthday! And I just want to announce to everyone that I'm 24!! Ever since I started working this past one year, the fear of age catching up on me has been terrorising my mind (esp so because I suddenly lost a very significant goal in my life). But today I finally woke up feeling that I have nothing to be anxious about--life has just begun (esp when you've been working for a few months and you've can start rewarding yourself by buying little gifts for yourself)! I don't want to live in the fear of not being able to meet societal expectations, not being able to enjoy happiness as defined by society, not being able to achieve a certain level of excellence or success. Medical advancement has allowed us to add years to our lives, but the same progress in the world has robbed the life in our years. I want to live a happy life of service to God, of self-awareness and learning, and a life that makes a difference to many others out there! I want to love and be loved--to love and appreciate the little pleasures and treasures in life, to freely express and share the joy of God's love and goodness, and to see the glass half full and not half empty!!!

So I've decided to set some goals for myself:

#1. To finish a piano class.

#2. To stop binging! Going on a diet and hitting the gym again.

#3. To be a good Christian @ work--do my best in everything & learn as much as I can.

#4. To pick up a language (maybe basic Korean...so I don't have to read subtitles!)

#5. To travel the region and go for more mission trips.

#6. To go for the vocal classes, I've been putting off for so long.

#7. To take the initiative to ask friends out.

I know I won't be able to accomplish so many things within the next one year before I turn 25, with limited time and monnies...so....I'll be satisfied as long as I've made small steps to those goals. I'm going to learn to enjoy life and relinquish everything to God.
I know He will provide the means to the path He wants me to walk on. I'm so glad I got Jesus in my life!

My birthday wish is that He'll bless my family and friends and that He'll help me to become a tent-maker wherever I am. Most of all, He'll help me to be obedient to His calling wherever, whatever.

No comments: