Monday, April 02, 2007

Was impacted by yesterday's praise and worship! Had a lot of fun just praising and grooving to the music. I really liked how Andrew aptly described how we tend to NOT be there for God when He needs us (to do His work), and on the contrary how God is always there for us when we need Him. He related his own experience during the service--how he missed God and what his friend told Him, that God needed him and how God was always there. How true isn't it?

As we sang the song "Draw Me Close", this prayer (the chorus) just arose in my heart:

"You're all I want

You'll all I've ever needed

You'll all I want

Help me know You are near!"


Love the last line very much cos' we always feel so far away from God (like how I felt when I was bogged down by work and was sick) and we really need to make this line a prayer in our heart. Whenever we feel that God is so far away, we need to remind ourselves that He is indeed around.

The words of each song we sang were so lovely. Throughout the service, I began to sing every one of them like a prayer that would reach His ears. It was so fun to just be in some kind of conversation with Him. As I sang, just felt the conviction from the messages transmitted in the songs. It was a totally amazing experience. The feeling of joy was so immense and enjoyable!

Hope God would impact those around me with this feeling as well.

No comments: