Sunday, April 22, 2007

What you invest your time in must have eternal value...

This line was shared by Pastor today during his sermon. Something really for us to think about.

As I got stuck behind a truck on the 1st lane of the PIE today, my life just flashed by. The cars in the second lane were so fast I couldn't change lane. I had no choice but to stay put there and wait for the opportunity. In my mind was just "How am I ever going to make it? Would I get into an accident?" It reminded me of the Virginia Tech incident, the PCG incident that happened last week, etc...of how life can be so fragile and vulnerable. We are just flesh and blood that can perish so easily. That brings me to the question of "How am I choosing right now to live my life?" There are so many people around us whom we can touch and shine a light in their lives.

As I entered the worship today and we sang that song:

"Lord I give You my heart
I give You my soul
I live for You alone

Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord, have Your way in me"

I just knelt down and ask God to help me care for those around me, to pray for the masses and to make full use of every breath and moment in my live to contribute to the kingdom of God and to show some love to everyone around me just as Jesus did. The commandmant to "love thy neighbour as thyself" just stirred in my heart as I prayed for God to use me in that way. There is so much to do yet so little time. I just prayed that He'll give me the wisdom and show me how I should run the race according to His rules and towards His destination for me.

"What you invest your time in must have eternal value". What a lovely line! Reminded me of how much time we can give to God if we spent less time gaming online, complaining and wallowing in self-pity, feeding our vanity streaks, etc. Let's learn to invest our time and energy in those we love and the world we live in. And also take some time to marvel at His awe and to slow down and smell the roses cos' we need to refill our cup each time after we serve.

No comments: