Saturday, July 01, 2006

Haven't visted my blog in a long while. Been real busy. Mum finally left for UK to join Jan last Saturday. Starting to miss her presence cos' she plays such a crucial role in this household! Of course that's apart from the fact that I do miss her because I love her and she's so important to me! This period while she is gone is going to be a huge challenge. Before she left, I was really looking forward to behave all "grown-up" and undertake huge responsibilities that most grown-up women do like work and manage the household at the same time. I also had grand ideas of cooking and like bringing my dad out to catch some movies or something like that. But now I feel SO SO tired!! Working is so tiring for me already (had a major event last week and tons of other stuff at work to do this week), how to come home and cook and wash clothes and clean house??!! Really admire those wonder women who can handle all these. Now, I think I may have to make alterations to my grand plans. In fact I was even thinking of organising house-warmings, but I think I'll wait till mum comes home and we're more settled in our new home.

Attended a vocal workshop yesterday and today. Pastor got a teacher from Malaysia to conduct it for us. She was the voice coach for Malaysian Idol!! I really love her voice which is so solid yet so crystal-clear and soothing. It's beautiful! And she really has the annointing of the Lord. Praise God that there are talented people in His kingdom willing and able to serve Him! Learnt a lot over these past two days. Still, I have reservations to much we can practise what was being taught. I'm thinking of the long-term sustainability of the measures that she taught that we could apply in our own rehearsals. Quite tedious some of the prep work for worship. But anyway, we can always take small steps to progress and not make gargantuan steps straightaway. It was also nice talking to the more mature Christians during the workshop. Really enjoyed the fellowship. And the lunch today by Elsie was marvellous. Her sandwiches were top-notch, the pasta was refreshing and the pumpkin soup was yummy!!

Reflections:
1. Still in a disequilibrium - can't handle many 'adult' things on my own. Feel as though I need to grow up and be matured and be capable of doing many things, but I feel inadequate.

2. Lost the feeling of leading worship - seems so effortful recently to choose songs and plan for them. It feels so clockwork sometimes onstage though I really desire to worship Him.

Need loads of prayer to help me deal with these issues.

3. Office makes me happy. Though I got lots of work to do, I enjoy some of the things that I get to do and I love the people at office! It's fun and vibrant. This has been perking me up.

4. Getting back on track with my running this week. Want to keep on it and do more fun sports and exercises with other people. Going for the Real Run in Aug. Running makes me happy too!

I want to experience the joy of the Lord so much.
"The Joy of the Lord Is Your Strength" (Nehemiah 8:10)

No comments: