Thursday, June 15, 2006

Didn't blog yesterday cos' I was too busy when I got home. But it was a very frutiful day I must say. It was the second day of the course I have been attending this week. Didn't do much in fact, just managed to talk to my boss during the course about my reports. Gosh, got loads of stuff to complete.

Anyway, it was fun being with the interns and of course, Ah Mos too--cool and quirky bunch. Feel very at ease and comfortable (even with the lethal dosage of lame humor) going through the course with them around.

After I went home yesterday (at around 5 plus), I went jogging immediately. This was going to be the last time I'd be jogging round that neighbourhood. Kinda sad cos' it's really nice and quiet. Whenever I jogged there I felt as though I were abroad and away from the hustle bustle.

Met my cuz for dinner after that. He came over to pick me up and we went to West Coast for dinner, Hawker Centre opp Ginza Plaza. I ate my fried bee hoon with ngoh hiang--craving for days already. He ate like one bowl of slice fish bee hoon and one plate of carrot cake. Super hungry, man! Anyway, really enjoyed talking to him cos' we are so on the same frequency about God! And I can always be so candid and forthcoming in sharing my thoughts with him.

After that we went over to our uncle's place. His wife (the fun and friendly aunt we both like) recently had a little episode with her excretory system. She had to admit herself to A&E at SGH. Anyway, they've rectified the situation, but there are chances that a surgery might be required in the long run. We went to visit her and pray for her. My cuz also showed us his China mission trip pix. So glad that he has been seeking God so earnestly.

Met up with my two other female cousins too. And their dog (momo) which is super adorable. Hai...I'm so tempted to get one now. But I know I'd probably be a lousy owner. So putting that plan off for now. It's just so nice being with family and stepping into a home that I haven't been in ages but used to go there so often in my childhood. It's so nostalgic!

We stayed for pretty long. Reached home about 10 plus. My parents were busy packing stuff. Moving house the following day (that's today). Felt really guilty that I haven't been able to contribute much. They have been so stressed out and preoccupied with the shift. So many things and so little time. They've been staying up pretty late too. Anyway, I packed my stuff till 2 am...had to prepare for a lecture the following day as well (which I managed to but not according to the powerpoint slides :p).

Anway, also wanted to let my parents know that I love them--byproduct of the visiting, and feeling the importance of family. But when I went home and met them face to face, it just couldn't come out. It only came out as an apology to my mum that I wasn't able to help out much in the shift. Planning to buy my daddy dinner for Father's Day this Sunday night. Perhaps at a Teo Chew restaurant.

Went for the third day of the course feeling very tired today. But all turned out well with the lecture even though I didn't prepare accordingly to the slides that were shown. But the participants seemed okay. They seemed to enjoy the games we played. Also glad that they have been actively participating in the course--asking questions, giving their comments, and having fun during the games segments (though some of the games were pretty much games we played when we were much younger).

Took half day off to help with the shift. We got a group of movers to come and help us. They did a fanatastic job at a very reasonable rate. They were actually from a company that employs ex-cons. I'm really comforted and happy to see people helping them gain employment. These guys were very obliging in carrying the stuff and placing them as we instructed. We were also very appreciative towards their services.

Wow, it feels funny stepping into my now empty house. Feel a huge sense of heaviness seeing it like that and hearing the echoes. I feel quite sad leaving this place. I've lived here all my life (actually moved in only when I was 5 but had no memories of the old house at Dedap Road). I'm gonna miss it very much. I'm also very reminded that my life has moved into a new phase, and Im growing older. Last week I just freaked out when this thought that I was going to be 24 this year just assaulted my mind. I don't wanna grow old!!! Time seems to flash by so quickly when you get to your twenties. Still wanna enjoy my youth so much, esp so cos' I feel that I haven't been able to attempt many things (proper things of cos').

Have to get used to the new place. Funny thing is that I'm moving to familiar terrain. Past few years I've been travelling to that area so much. Maybe that was God's plan for me so that I won't "holland" so much when I move. Even so, I feel so away from home just being in that area. Oh well, hope I'll get used to it. For now, I'm just feeling so homesick!!!

This has been a long entry. Got to check out now. I'm actually at my old house now, using the broadband as my parents tidy up some of their stuff. Wow, it's almost 11 pm...gotta chow. Gonna spend my first night at the new place. Another milestone in my life.

No comments: