Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Permanent PMS!
Phew, luckily nothing has broken loose...

It hasn't been that good for me lately. Been having mood swings and feeling a lack of energy. Thank goodness I haven't gotten into any catfight or ruffled anyone's feathers (I think?)...except that maybe I accidentally caused someone's document to be deleted but thank God he was kind enough to forgive and forget.

But what I really want to thank God for are my colleagues who have been very nice and fun to be with! Somehow, today (and yesterday) as I spent time with various ones I begin recalling what I liked about my office culture. Though I'm beginning to see more and more of the underlying currents, I also realise that it is inevitable cos' personality clashes and differing opinions will definitely occur. But it's things like people trying to cheer you up when your morale dips, people listening to your problems, people that you enjoy talking with, people who encourage you when you are worried, that really makes a difference and helps you tide over the times when waves of doubt crash in.

In fact for the past few weeks, I've been fixated on leaving this place and moving on to further my studies. And I wished that it would be instant! But today as I walked around HTA, I also remembered why I like my job (the uniformed setting--cameraderie and friendliness; the mission of the organisation and the ministry; the officers that show commitment). I talked to the lady at POLWEL and chatted with her for a bit, and walked around HTA just admiring the facilities and grandeur of the place. Though we always complain about the inconvenience of travelling to this place and how ulu it is, I kind of have a fondness for this place and have a proud feeling towards it (besides I live pretty near and I get to park for free!). Though we always talk about the building flaws, it is an impressive looking piece of architecture. I would always recall the days when I stayed there for the residential HASO course. I'm just so captivated by the academy living conditions also (the mess, the parade square, the rock wall, the field, etc.).

Oh well, gotta keep my chin up despite that stupid PMS...it's mid week! Yay! One run of LCDC down!

No comments: