Saturday, January 13, 2007

Phew...that was close!

Almost thought I'd be in serious trouble. Last night, I was having a whale-of-a-time with me mates from the office (had tremendous fun, you guys!). We had dinner at Far East and then headed to Coffee Bean at Borders for a chit-chat-talk-cok-sing-song-play-mahjong session. So much laughter and fun we had at the table....we even started making plans for a trip to Taiwan together (hmmm....wonder whether it will crystalise and bear fruit eventually but it's nice to think of holidays isn't it?).

Then something ominous took place...well maybe not to that extent. But somehow I just felt that I needed to leave (okay, I admit partly because of "War and Beauty", that latest Channel U Hong Kong show at 10 p.m. weekday nights. But anyway in the end I got caught in that horrible jam because the Jalan Anak entrance/exit into PIE was sealed cos' of a landslide or something to that extent...and I missed the show---okay, I can imagine those toothy grins on you monkey faces now -.-)

Anyway, fortunately I left earlier (not finding excuses, guys) cos' someone had been trying to contact me on my phone for ages and I left my phone in my bag and had no idea of that. I had done something very wrong (uh oh...) and got that person into trouble (not going to mention the details, just going to use this platform to say a big SORRY to that person and THANK YOU for your kindness and understanding). After contacting him and finding out about the mess I got him into, I took that long, slow dramatic walk back to the car. As I walked I just prayed and surrendered the situation to God.

Lo and behold, God answered our prayers. We were saved by his grace! Thank God for not letting us get into serious trouble. I think I'll probably exercise more caution now and not cause any problem for my friend anymore. He was very gracious and I'm really appreciative of his forgiveness (love you man...heh!) Guess I should also take it as a lesson from God to really put in effort to be obedient and to concern ourselves with purity. Sometimes what we think may be harmless does not make it a lesser wrong.

No comments: