Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yippee...the weekend's over! Is she going crazy or what? Nah...just trying to psych myself up for the week. Got to psycho myself into looking forward to it...well, okay maybe psycho is too strong word. Praise the Lord that I've a great job and fantastic colleagues! Actually, I'm more worried about my project--been worried about it for ages since last year, pleeeeease pray for meee!!!--and I'm glad I'm back in the office to work on it...only for one day though (in fact less than a day)...cos' we'll be occupied with something else. Oh well, but what can I do right? Chin up and give thanks for your circumstances. Hopefully God will make this week a bearable one...okay let me set my expectations higher....God, You'll make it a fantastic week, AMEN!

Okay, I got a question to shout out in my blog. HOW DO YOU GET OVER DISAPPOINTMENTS IN LIFE? Not that I'm going through some major disappointment. No, no guy has let me down or broken my fragile heart (it is very fragile :)). It's just that sometimes I get disappointed by the world because I'm just an IDEALIST living in such a REALISTIC world (someone rebutted my forum article but glad that he admitted that my idea was noble ;) but I fully understand his stand). Funny thing cos' our psych training seems to embrace reality (i.e. "reality" cos' most of the time it's just our perception but it matters so much!). Guess that idealist in me wants to believe that realism and idealism can co-exist in the world of psychology. That's why I want to be a Existential-Behaviourist!

Anyway, I'm not going to deny reality but I want to soar above it. Oh no! Another one of my hopeless ideals...heh. I got some remedies for myself:

1. Count the blesssings in my life

2. Do good deeds for others

3. Talk to other Christians about God

Yay!

Help me Lord. I want to be your ambassador this year, to embody more of Your goodness and values. To be more compassionate, understanding, wise and bold. To be more obedient and trusting of Your directions. And to be more disciplined in ministry. Thank You Lord for Your promises. I want to believe in them and claim them. In Christ's most precious name, AMEN!

No comments: