Friday, January 19, 2007

Stress? I will survive!

Super duper stressful day today...but I survived it! Since the new year, my project has been a thorn in the flesh and that has caused tremendous stress, but today my system was kinda overwhelmed. Suddenly found myself rushing to complete so many nitty gritties. But I must admit that even though I was kept on my toes (probably worrying my colleagues to some extent cos' anxiety was written over my face), it felt good at the end of the day when I managed to clear quite a lot of the baggage.

As more and more dates get marked out on the calendar for meetings, meetings and more meetings, the gan jiong spider in me gets even more jittery by the minute. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that I've too much work. Rather, I'm starting to doubt my own ability in managing the workload which is probably similar to what my other colleagues are having. Perhaps I'm not efficient enough. Perhaps I'm just to perfectionistic--every thing must be top notch to the littlest of details.

Whatever it is, I've just got to prod on. I've got to manage my time and learn to relax. But most importantly, I've got to involve God in these challenging moments. On the bus home from work today, it all just came to me that I didn't turn to Him throughout the day. In fact, I just read in my devotion this morning that He is the "Almighty"--nothing is beyond His power! Amen to that! I know I'll be able to pull through the next couple of months with His help.

No comments: