Thursday, May 18, 2006

Argh! Didn't blog yesterday, got one missing entry now. Well, shall make up for it now.
Entry for 17 May 2006:
Had a great start to the day cos' I spoke to so many people on my way to the office. Most pleased with the fact that I met Michelle from my Home Team Basic Course. She came for a talk on Div 1 officers' core competencies with Melvin from HTA. It's so nice meeting friends from previous courses. She was someone I really enjoyed talking to during the course. Probably going to meet up with her again, cos' I'm thinking up going to visit her church at Bukit Panjang. Just enjoy being able to meet people from different uniform organisations and learn about their work. Got to meet the 'unsung heroes' from SCDF during the course. Really learnt a lot about their work and the tough training that they are put through. Yesterday went by very quickly too. Sat in for 2 "counselling" sessions, and listen to people tell their stories. Reflecting on what they share is very valuable cos' I gain new perspectives and I become more self aware. Really hope that through my work, God will mold me to become a better person. I really want to live for Him, and shine for Him in the workplace. Know it's hard though. The secular workplace can be filled with a lot of cynicism--complaints about stress mostly and tiredness. People always seem to seek solidarity and validation when they complain. It's a natural thing to do, and it's an indulgance! After work, I went to the gym and for the first time in months, I hit the weights! Was super "siong" after such a long haul, but it felt great to be back on track. I didn't push myself too hard this time, but my legs really feel so worked out. But feels quite shiok too--the aches indicate that the muscles have been exercised. So that was my day in brief on the 17th. Checking out for now.
~Lene
[Written 18 May, 1537hrs]

No comments: