Sunday, May 21, 2006

Today was an eventful day. Was at church late again...*embarassed*...but God was merciful. Worship was so powerful cos' God swept through the congregation and I could feel the sense of worship in the air. People were praising His name and lifting their hands in worship. One of the pastors prophesied twice! And my senior Pastor interpreted it as God desiring our obedience and not our sacrifice. Was amazing! I just broke down during the service and cried out to Him.

Then we had youth service. One of my youths injured his knee while they were chasing around in church. He felt immense pain and was really crying and yelling. I was preparing for worship then and we had to pause our practice to attend to him. Wow, I was kinda at a loss. Actually I thought with two adults there they would know what to do, but one of youths called me and I was faced with a situation where I had to make a quick AOS and decide my course of action.

So I dialled 995 and called the ambulance. That was the only thing that came to my mind. I saw him struggling in pain and all I knew was medical attention was needed--I need to go for my first aid refresher course, I think I've forgotten all I've learnt. While waiting, we were just making him feel comfortable. I said a prayer for him and told him to listen to me pray. Always feel that situations like these--when you feel at a loss not knowing what to do--prayer is the first step. And I saw it as a learning opportunity for the younger ones.

The band was kinda distracted because of this series of events and practice was a little rough. Did a new song today though. It was easy and the melody's very nice. Got feedback from my drummer that he liked the song. We scraped through the rehearsal thankfully. Service started with a little ice-breaker I did. Some of the younger ones didn't participate--they just were being indifferent and couldn't be bothered. Fury was boiling in me, but I had to control my anger. The older ones could see me curbing it.

I removed the fast songs last minute before service started. Just felt that we couldn't pull it through. Service seemed okay. I prayed and trusted in God. In fact, before the whole fiasco with the knee incident, I felt the joy of the Lord and His comfort just nest so nicely in my heart. Thanks to the prayer I got before service. It really settled my anxieties and fears. Anyway, service went well. Observed that the youths were worshipping the Lord. Not a "revival" kind of worship but it was more of a reflective and intimate one I guess. It was nice. Thank God!

After praise and worship, Pastor didn't preach. Instead he lectured the youths for their unbecoming behavior: for being indifferent toward the ice-breaker, sloppy in their attitude towards worship, and for chasing around the church like a bunch of kids. Well, I still wasn't very happy. I met the boys after Pastor's preaching and "let them know how I felt". They seemed to show remorse and they gave me the apology that I asked for. I really hope that they would learn. At least there are a few that seem teachable.

The whole series of events...such an eventful day. Sunday is always a busy day for me. I go to church and worship the Lord and at the same time fellowship and do ministry stuff. At the end of the day I'm tired, but I also feel very satisfied that God had used me again. Thank God that I can serve Him. Paid tithe today too, feel really good about it. I'm hoping to bless someone next week with a brand new bible. One of the youths that I just started corresponding with--trying to share with him some tips on worship leading--mentioned that he had difficulty reading his current bible. He has been such a blessing to me in terms of his spiritual growth and maturity in the Lord, and I really want to bless him.

~lene
[Written on 21 May, 1730hrs]

No comments: