Monday, May 08, 2006


WHO WILL CRY FOR THE LITTLE BOY?
[By Antwone Q Fisher]

Who will cry for the little boy?
Lost and all alone.
Who will cry for the little boy?
Abandoned without his own.

Who will cry for the little boy?
He cried himself to sleep.
Who will cry for the little boy?
he never had for keeps.

Who will cry for the little boy?
He walked the burning sand.
Who will cry for the little boy?
The boy inside the man.

Who will cry for the little boy?
Who knows well hurt and pain.
Who will cry for the little boy?
he died again and again.

Who will cry for the little boy?
A good boy he tried to be.
Who will cry for the little boy?
Who cries inside of me.
_____________________________________________________________
I felt really touched by this poem when I first heard it from the movie "Antwone Fisher". It just reminds me that there are actually many people out there who feel equally alone. Some have been victimized and abused. Others don't seem to cope as well as others do when it comes to dealing with life's circumstances.
The poem reminds me of those few darkest periods in my life when I felt so alone and that no one understood my pain and tears. Loneliness is difficult to bear. Man was created to be in the company of others, that's why there was Eve after Adam.
But sometimes people choose to lock themselves up in their own prison. They refuse to believe that people will ever understand. Many just fail to see that there are people around that care. That's when loneliness is self-imposed.
At the end of the day, I always try to remind myself that I'm never alone. Because I have a God that cares, and He would send angels into my life to company me! Many people can't appreciate this because God seems so abstract and intangible to them.
It always takes a leap of faith to keep believing and trusting that God will deliver you, especially at the start when you feel that nothing seems to be changing. But that's what faith is all about--remaining steadfast in your devotion to God, even in the absence of things working out the way you want it to. You've got to wait it out!
There are many lonely people out there who need to know that there is a Father up there who loves them unconditionally. A parent who will always be there for us to run to, for us to embrace. If you are feeling alone, turn to Him. Learn to turn to the people who are actually there for you.
~lene
[Written 9 May, 2006, 0130hrs]

No comments: